Dec 27, 2021
In today's episode, we're looking back at the huge changes which
have taken place this year in the Catholic children's book market!
No transcript today so you'll have to listen in, but I have some
helpful links and bullet points here to guide you through:
- Celebrating the Catholic Kidlit Podcast’s 1st year
- Giveaway for my Catholic board book Liturgical
Colors (Holy Heroes, 2019) - ENTER HERE
- Still time to enter the giveaway for My Grandma Is
a Lady by Jalissa
- My year: 4 book contracts!
Arthur the Clumsy Altar Server (Books 1 and 2) and
Seven Gifts of Baptism
- Publishing backlogs and supply chain constraints
- New and exciting market disruptions (good ones!): TAN Academy,
OSV Kids Magazine, Ascension
- More Indie-publishing in the Catholic market: Kickstarters,
Indie-published PBs and even BBs
- Changes happening in the Catholic Writers Guild
- Catholic Kidlit Writers Club is
launching on January 1st, the first space for Catholic children’s
book writers to get together. We’re starting out with some
exclusive interviews including: Self-Publishing with Kristina Lahr,
Creating the Catholic Magazine with Our Sunday Visitor, and
Publishing Insight from editor Lindsey Schlegel. Our goal is to
support YOU to create excellent Catholic children’s books. You can
sign up to join the 2022 cohort at catholickidlit.com. Enrollment
ends February 28, 2022.
- Question Answered: How do I negotiate an author contract if I’m
not also a lawyer?
The best way to support the Catholic kidlit creator you heard
from today is to buy their books, leave reviews, and spread the
word on social media and in person.
If you want to write meaningful children's books with a Catholic
heart, check out the
Catholic Kidlit Writers Club at
For picture book coaching and critiques, see theresakiser.com/editorial-services